Psychology Research Assistant
Ref: GHU 005/2020
Global Health Uganda (GHU) is a registered not for profit, limited liability company with the mission to promote child health by conducting and facilitating quality and relevant research in child health, neurodevelopment and interventions. GHU is inviting applications for the following position for the MIND STUDY based in Jinja.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
a) Administer neuropsychological tests on study participants as per protocol.
b) Score Tests and results and ensure results are ready for data entry.
c) Enter data from source documents into the database promptly and accurately.
d) Double checking of scored tests and results.
e) Ensuring that study materials are organized and readily available in the testing rooms.
Skills and person specifications:
• The applicant should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Community Psychology or BSc majoring in Psychology or BA Social Sciences majoring in Psychology.
• Experience in clinical research work is an added advantage.
• Familiarity with the Kaufman Assessment Battery for Children second edition is an added advantage.
• Previous research with children is necessary.
• Ability to pay attention to detail.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be fluent in Lusoga and Luganda.
• Should have a valid certificate in Good Clinical Practice and Human Participants Research Training.
Candidates who fully meet the above requirements should submit a detailed CV, a TYPED cover letter, all necessary academic documents and the contact details of three work related referees all in one PDF document addressed to: The Human Resource Officer, Global Health Uganda, P.O BOX 33842, Kampala, Uganda.
Please send your application to the email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, October 2, 2020 at 5:00pm.
We appreciate your application however; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, we regret that your application has been unsuccessful.